Just too fascinated with Master Of Tennis Mr. Federer. Here is my reading of his personality and success.
Character of a Master
- Mental toughness or mental strength:
- Anticipation and quick reaction
- Court Presence: Never looses
- his emotional control
- his shots
- Changing according to opponent
- Multidimensional game
- Power and Control
- Offense and defense (at backhand, forehand, net).
- Top spine and straight hammer.
- Net and base line
- Physical Conditioning: Fast and Powerful
- Shot experimentation
- Technically secure all shots.
- Movement on surface
- High spin
- Able to put ball anywhere
- Slice and shot mix-up to disrupt the rhythm.
- Wide, body, line
Direct Learnings for Me:
- Forehand & Backhand
- Server and Receiver
- Net Game and Court coverage
- Spirit and Class
- Social Attitude and Personality
- Mental control