Attended a very enlightening session of DVR (IIMB Prof). He described us Ways of Life Happiness.
Major Aspect of Life:
- Freedom – Financial, Family, Wealth, Health
- Social – Family, Friends, Love
- Analytical Life – Success, Social Welfare, Office Success,
Barrier To Happiness
- EGO – Edging God Out
- ANGER – Change in Expectation
- FEAR – Of Hardship
Path To Evolution
- Self Confidence
- Self Esteem – (Body, Intellect and Social Inadequacy)
Ultimate Stage of Evolution:
- Self Realization
- Liberation / Independence / Peace
- The New Earth
- Power of Now
Strengths into 4 categories
- Belief in oneself helped in conquering self-doubt and upping confidence levels.
- When the chips are down, the believer rides over the doubts.
- Self Assessment
- Mental agility to assess a situation when on his feet
- Done a lot of Self-assessment for different situations and inner emotions and reactions for them.
- Have to ask yourself questions after difficult matches
- Living in Moment
- Rare ability to embrace the moment, the here and now
- Biggest strengths is ability to live in the moment.
- Not just to target for Win but to simply aims to compete for each moment.
Here are few quotes from Successful people.
Stretch the limits and Stay committed to set goal
Know your strength and build on top of it.
Leadership is about influence moving people to action by example.
Focus on Possibility, Results and Getting things done.
Surround yourself with inspiring people and environment.
Learn from your past failures of business and build on top of it.
If the rate of change outside is faster than changes within, you are doomed.
“Optimistic sees benefits/challenges in every calamity, pessimistic sees calamity in every benefits/challenges.”
It should not just be talk level change, it should be internal and every step of way…
Bill Gates: The skills you need to succeed
I think in this article Bill has hit the nail at the head by summing his 30 years success in Computer World. I take following learnings from him.
- It is about continuous learning.
- Develop good habit of reading lots of book.
- For success in any career, knowing the right software is essential .
- Software Innovation is not a cubical job. Rather, it requires:
- To collaborate and share idea with other people.
- To site down and talk to customer.
- To get feedback and understand the needs from end users.
According to Microsoft: Key Business Skills
- Team working and interpersonal skills
- Analysing and problem solving
- Verbal communication
- Personal planning and organizing
- IT skills