Here I am sharing my experience at PMP Conference 2007.
I have attended a penal discussion with Wg. Cmd. Patrawall and his panel. It was quite thought provoking. Here are some of the points, impressed me.
Integrating three main ingredients:
Stages of innovation:
- Walk the talk
Project Management success relies on understanding of following aspects of project.
Inspirations for innovation:
- Innovation comes from hearts.
- It is about getting most from least.
- Free your mind. Tranquilize it.
- Mistakes are stepping stones of innovation.
- Innovations done not happen overnight.
- Stay away from autocratic procedures.
- Innovator has to think-outside-the-box.
Innovator should be aware about:
- Value creation for stockholder.
- Marketplace transition
- Process to get there.
Circle of innovation for an organization:
Generally, Project Managers in IT industry think that after PM designation their engagement with technology is over rather they should just play organization and people game. This is where they kill innovation and core competency. It should not be encouraged either from organization or culture. It should be about keeping core business competency alive and contributing from all sides.