Yesterday, I was at GIDS (Great Indian Developer Summit) in Bangalore. There was massive developers attendance and enthusiasm could be felt in air itself. Due to office schedule, I could only opt for Java track. All of the session were very well placed with interesting subject lines. There were all flavors of sessions, from my view-point, I could grasp some of them instantly, some I attended reluctantly and some I ignored due to my lack of insight in those. Here are few sessions which I classify digested well and been satisfied.
- COBOL in the 21st Century : Blending the Past with Future Opportunities – Ashish Masand
- IEEE’s Initiatives for the Developer Ecosystem – Dr. Rangachar Kasturi
- Guerrilla SOA – Dr. Jim Webber
- The Next Generation of Java EE – Mike Keith
- Crystal Reports for Java Developers – Vijay Nag
- Computing in the Cloud – Craig McClanahan
- Know your Java? – Venkat Subramaniam
- Unleashing the Power of Java on Intel – Mukesh Gangadhar
Shortly, I will be blogging on few of these subjects on my tech insight blog.