Rafael Nadal is such an inspiring personality to me that every time I watch him, he amazes me with his rigor to win. He has some mental attitude toward win that every ball he hits, has to be a winner.
I was reading an article about ‘Mind over Tennis’ where they argued about Mental strength of Nadal. Here I am jotting down those points.
- Living in Moment:
- Has rare ability to embrace the moment, the here and now
- Biggest strengths is ability to live in the moment.
- Not just to target for Win but to simply aims to compete for each moment.
- Self Assessment:
- Has mental agility to assess a situation on his feet
- Does self-assessment for different situations, inner emotions and his reactions.
- Ask questions to self after difficult matches
- Refuses to fade in any circumstances and score-line
- Belief in himself helped in conquering self-doubt and upping confidence levels.
- When the chips are down, the believer rides over the doubts.