During my Business Communication class, I had to make Business Pitch of 3 mins. At first attempt, I got miserable remarks from my professor. Then, they suggested the approach to improve it. Here is what I learned as a Structure of Good Business Pitch (3 Mins).
Here are slides of my presentation.
First time, I realized, my passion for dancing, was in trance parties at Goa in 1994. I know, you must be laughing at me, yes, I am laughing on myself as well. Since yr 2000, I have attempted Salsa dancing multiple times, at multiple places, under multiple teachers and even in multiple countries, but could never pass through Level 1. Who do I blame it!!!
Again in 2011, same ghost started haunting me to complete this life milestone of Learning a Dance, this time around, I could maintain my motivation despite my same demons of past pricking me with thoughts “Are you crazy???, At this Age!!, how will it help u in career??? Will you make Career Out of it??, What will people say???, Can you dance Socially or at Stage?? , Where is the time???, Just laze around, you BUM!!!)
But this time, I could cross through all that, finished two levels of Salsa dancing.. YEAY,… but I still cant say, that I am excellent salsa dancer, but I can certainly say, “I am good student of Salsa!!!”
After reading Robert Greene Books: 33 Strategies of WAR, I have thought to categorize different strategies into psychological areas of WAR for its impact.
Ideal Warrior Transformational Characteristics
Today, I have attended Inaugural session of EPDGM course at Alliance university. Amongst many things, we had session with our Vice Chancellor, Mr. Madhukar G. Angur. It was a very captivating and inspirational 30 mins speech. Here are my notes from that speech.
He specifically emphasized on following Three most important aspects of today’s Corporate Business.
- Importance of CRS (Corporate Social Responsibility)
- Management Mantra from Bhagvat Gita
- Upholding Professional Ethics and Values
He also stated out the five important qualities to be successful business professional.
- Business of Business is Business
- Getting indulge into Customer’s customers
- Management Skills
- Managing Human Resource is key for servicing
- Realization of Flat and connected world
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Take a lab theory to make a successful business
Then, he came down to the course at hand. He advised us to focus on:
- Research Work
- Self Analysis
- Showcasing Leadership
- Having Global Perspective (Economy)
- Action Oriented Innovative Thinking
IT companies are in process of reinventing themselves to adjust new scenario of competition. Traditionally, volume based growth was the only way to grow linearly, but with changing dynamics of market, where customer asking for value add, scarcity Good technical resource and competitive price pressure, are forcing companies to think “Alternatively Growth Plan”. That is about non-linear growth which can come from re-modeling existing business model around platform, product, Intellectual property and Automate processes. After refering few news articles, here are few offerings which could potentially drive new revenue growth.
- Differentiated Service Offering
- Using intellectual properties or domain expertize to solve client’s technology, business or operational challenge
- Productized Solution
- Platform or product into niche area to address replicable solutions across multiple customers.
- Flex Delivery Models
- Leveraging economy of scale by consolidating similar work across the clients through a well defined process, tools, interfaces and centralized scalable team.
- Lifecycle Accelerators
- Pre-developed software that automates particular business problem or an aspect of product development to reduce 30% to 70% of the code can be reused across clients
- Alternate Commercial Models
- Outcome based pricing models that ensure that client pay only for service which delivers business value. This allows IT companies to transform client relationship from mare technology partner/vendor to strategic business relationship.
Rafael Nadal is such an inspiring personality to me that every time I watch him, he amazes me with his rigor to win. He has some mental attitude toward win that every ball he hits, has to be a winner.
I was reading an article about ‘Mind over Tennis’ where they argued about Mental strength of Nadal. Here I am jotting down those points.
- Living in Moment:
- Has rare ability to embrace the moment, the here and now
- Biggest strengths is ability to live in the moment.
- Not just to target for Win but to simply aims to compete for each moment.
- Self Assessment:
- Has mental agility to assess a situation on his feet
- Does self-assessment for different situations, inner emotions and his reactions.
- Ask questions to self after difficult matches
- Refuses to fade in any circumstances and score-line
- Belief in himself helped in conquering self-doubt and upping confidence levels.
- When the chips are down, the believer rides over the doubts.
404 movie review: Wallpaper, Story, Trailer at Times of India:
Truly psyched my mind with twists and turns Must say before you read this review, I prefer thrills of minds rather mare eye candy pleasures. I really liked 404 for its build up, twists and turns between person’s psychology, academic experiment, ragging setup, bi-polar disorder, haunted room and ghost existence. 404 movie is brilliantly knit together with these different concepts with great timing and sequences. I also liked the shade of movie print and backdrop of college. Though, Rajvir acting was superb but Imad Shah’s mischievous look and dimple took major limelight. English movies like Beautiful Mind, which falls in line, but in Indian context, this is one of few movies where director has taken courage to EXPERIMENT with such deep psychological concepts without casting biggies like Amitab, SRK or Ashwarya. Must watch movie!!!
Saurabh Kaushik (Bangalore, India) 21/05/2011 at 11:13 am
Post your Review & Rating
Agree (49)Disagree (28)Recommend (20)Offensive
Certainly, I am no-one in tennis but have been playing leisure tennis (seriously) for sometime now. Started out with a player with lots of energy but no skill. But over period, I could acquire skills but could not win most of my matches. This made me think to analyze the Gaps in my game. After lots of deliberations, I came to realization that I was good at putting effort, improving on skills and being aggressive but was unable to hold my emotions.
Then, I go on to devise the formulas to pull myself out of loosing streak. Here are my experiments on self.
I told myself to remember Two Main Concepts.
- Getting out of my own way
- Trusting my athletic self
To do this, I planned to practice the tennis philosophy of “one shot at a time”. This can only be achieved by discipline to clear my mind constantly. In other words, it is like numbing my mind from thinking anything else. Then I gone back to my teaching of Yoga where it was taught the science of breath and meditation. So, I took two actions out of it:
- Focusing on my breath all the time
- Keeping eyes on Ball all the time
After achieving control on my emotion with above technique, I could see only four parameters to juggle with:
- The ball
- The court
- The opponents
- The OPTIONS
AND, many time, I have successfully used these techniques to dig myself out of a hole.
Even in situation, when you are down at 0-5 and 0-40 and looking at a humiliating loos down the barrel. Just by thinking positively from here on, could make thing dramatically different. In these situations, I thinks in two ways.
- If I am going to lose, let me give him some fight for a deserving loss
- If I am going to loose anyways, let me at least practice something those risky moves and shots. Who know, it might change the direction of game.
More courageous thinking could be, ” How about take the next 50 shots one at a time. Every time the ball crosses the net, it is my joyful opportunity to take my shot.” this may kill my opponent for “a Sad turn around!!!” …